Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Tutorial time!

Afternoon everyone, welcome to todays tutorial that I'm calling 'time for tea!' As usual I'm using BarryM polishes. The base colour is a really nice pale blue called 'blue moon' and the white is also BarryM. All the details were using BarryM nail art pens. 

I used BarryM white and a nail dotter for the polkadots, you can see a tutorial on the best ways to do polkadots on one of my posts posts. 


This design has a tea pot on the left thumb and a tea cup on the right thumb. I used the BarryM black nail art pen to do a basic outline of the teapot. I find the best way is to do dots in the basic shape first as you can see what your doing better. Then literally just join the dots! Fill in the shape with white polish using a small nail brush, and use this as a chance to tidy up your black outline. Wait for it to dry then do a second coat so the blue underneath doesn't show through. 

I made the teapot a bit more realistic by putting a blob of black and a blob of white on a piece of paper and mixing a little of each to get grey. Then just dap round the edges to give the teapot a rounded impression. 


I then repeated the process with the other thumb. This was probably one of the most difficult designs I've done on my right hand, so go slowly and be patient because it's difficult! 

Next using a tiny nail brush and navy Polish add a small design to the teapot and teacup, I did tiny little stars but you can do whatever you want in whatever colour you wish! 

The last step is to add the tea! I used BarryM's duchess textured glitter for this. I used a small nail brush and painted a tiny line coming out of the teapot and then a slightly thicker line from the top of my nail into the teacup. Once this was dry I added a couple of extra lines of detail using the white and black art pens just to get the tea more realistic.

The blogs now not letting me add any more pictures so please go to the next post to see more!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment