Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Tutorial time!

Hi everyone, welcome to today's tutorial time :) today I have a valentines day, Cath Kidston inspired tutorial for you to try. 

I recently purchased BarryM's Gelly hi-shine 'pomegranate' which is the perfect colour for valentines designs. It's a really lovely dark pink (almost red). For this design you'll also need BarryM's 'blue moon' and their white and pink nail art pens. 


I hadn't actually planned this tutorial, and this post was just going to show you pomegranate swatches, so I added some little red gems to my nails. I then changed my mind and created these valentines nails instead! 


First paint your nails with the pomegranate, there's a couple of different ways you can create the heart in the middle, because just painting a light blue heart on the top doesn't work too well. I waited until the base colour was dry and then used a cotton bud dipped in remover to remove a heart shape in the middle of my nail. The other way is to cut out a small heart shape piece of tape, stick it on your nail and then paint the pomegranate on, but this is a but fiddly. 


Next fill in the heart with the blue polish, I used a small nail art brush to do this and a couple of coats should be fine. It doesn't matter how smooth this dries because you won't be able to see much once you've done the rest of the design. And then use the white nail art pen to trace round the edges of the heart. Next add tiny arches around the outside of the heart.


Once all this is dry, add a rose in the middle of the blue heart. You can see my rose tutorials in my previous posts. Do this using whichever one you fancy doing. I just drew a small circle with the pink nail art pen and once it was dry used the pomegranate and a small nail bush to add the tiny lines and details. Once this is done use green to add the leaves. 




And that's it! As its quite a time consuming design I decided to just do it on each ring finger and then added polka dots with the white nail pen on my other nails. 

I hope you enjoyed this valentines tutorial, return for more designs soon! 

Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails


No comments:

Post a Comment