Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tutorial Time!

Hi everyone, today I've got a lovely little tutorial for you to try at home. I've used BarryM polishes for this (surprise, surprise!) and my BarryM black nail art pen. 



Now you can do this in whatever colours you want, but I find the black and white works really well. First paint your nails black, and wait until the polish is completely dry. 

Next you'll need tape to section off your nail. Put a piece of tape down each edge of your nail, leaving the middle section. Now paint the middle stripes with white polish, and pull the tape off your nail while the white us still wet. 

This will leave you with a two-tone sectioned effect on your nail. Now comes more waiting. You'll need to wait as long as you can for the white to dry. If it's still tacky then you won't be able to do the next stage. 



Take your black nail art pen and fill in your white section with roses. To create the roses build up small lines for the petals like in the pictures. And that's it! 


This mani is so simple, but so effective and I was really pleased about how it looks. Just make sure the roses are really dry before adding the top coat to avoid them streaking. 

Nicole x 

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I'm so happy you sent me your link. I'm not the most skilled when it comes to nail art but I love viewing and reading blogs of people who are. I will follow on bloglovin. Thanks again for the link!
    Xo, Dani

    www.theloveoflipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! Flowers aren't usually my thing but this is nice.

    Ames
    http://noriandee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete